Challenging myself with Collage style

Hey there,

I have been having much fun of late trying out a new style which I actually find quite challenging, but loads of fun.  When I look at the work of European designers, alot of them have this awesome style of lots of layering, texture, sparkles, ephemera, chipboard and more and more and more.  I love it, but I find it difficult as I do not like to be wasteful, I mean, scrapbooking products cost alot of money and we are not all endowed with free product to use.  I know I am not.  So, I have my Silhouette machines, which I like to put to good use.  I recently got a "cut anything" blade for my machines, so I am looking forward to trying that out too and creating all sorts of elements.

These are a few layouts that I have created recently using this style.  I am still quite reserved with my use of embellishments in comparison, but it is hugely generous for me currently.  I really do love the final results, they are quite gorgeous and I know my sister has immediately claimed the purple one as her own!  I don't blame her, I love it too, but if she takes it, it just means that I get to make yet another.  Gosh ... if I have too!  hehe

The purple was my first one, see below.  As I was in the middle of designing, two dies arrived in the mail, the mask and the dreamcatcher.  Of course, they had to be used immediately.  I embossed the mask and painted the dreamcatcher with Viva gold wax paste - gosh these are such an amazingly versatile product.  I use them so much on so many different things.  The end result is pretty cool, I can see why my sister wants it.  There are so many groovy elements to it, feathers, gems, bling, flowers, die cuts, chipboard, ribbon, pearls and more and more and more.  I hope you like it too, I am sure my sister will find just the photo with her daughter a major lover of purple!








Next collage type design layout is this funky green one. At this point, I am thoroughly enjoying this style. I used Lindy's Magicals in this layout which is why you see some weird colouring happening in the background, with the purple and deep green.  Coolest medium to use ever!






And for my final collage style layout, using Kaisercraft papers, but then lots of bits and pieces that I have managed to collect on my scrapbooking journey.  It is such a funny process to do as you just keep trying on more stuff to see how it looks and if it fits, use it.  What is rather cute is the little birds, which are actually see through, but have a holographic type of effect to them and so the light makes them look blue.  It is such a truly pretty layout, great for those that like pink.  Ready for your photo perhaps?






That's all for now, hope you like them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the blog

Orange Love

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art