Don't Wake Up to be Ordinary

I have a few statements that I like to use and live by and "Don't Wake Up to be Ordinary" is my new favourite.  Another favourite is "a year from now you will wish you started a year ago", that one had a great impact on my recent life change.  The one that I live by everyday is "do unto others as you would have done unto you", sooo important.

Anyway, creative time for Altair Art - this time I wanted to do something off the page and this new favourite statement seemed like a good match with a garlic cutting board thing I had found and put in the "future off the page" cupboard.  I started by covering it with white gesso and then got out some Ranger Perfect Pearls and painted it blue and then I had a little play with my new Distress Oxides and got some groovy effects going on, but nothing that you will be able to see.  I then smeared some texture paste over the top and using Altair Art papers I laid a yellow and white check to the inner background and mounted an embossed brick pattern on top of that.  Embossing blue glitter over the letters and glued them down onto the brick panel.  Build up of ephemera and some of the various paper elements that Altair Art provides have been moderately fussy cut and used throughout.  Embossing of some Dusty Attic chipboard makes a perfect addition with the ribbons at the top.


This now hangs up in the kitchen for all to see each day and be inspired to be better.  I am determined to inspire my new family of children to be better people on a daily basis.  Do you have a favourite statement - something that inspires you throughout your life?

Please check out www.altairart.pl to see the great range of papers available, plus the new range of papers about to be available.  Have a great week all - remember to be kind to yourself and others and take the time to smell the flowers.

smiles, Delia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying my hand at some mixed media canvas art

Fabscraps Fabscrappin'

Fabscraps C100 Album